Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year Nesting

Happy New Year!

We rang it in with these great friends!

We have had a wonderful time enjoying the holidays - recap posts to come soon [i hope]! I must admit though, that the break from writing has left me a little uninspired. More than that, I have filled my days and am having trouble finding the time to write.

I am nesting. I am pretty sure I never experienced this when I was pregnant with Merit. But now, I feel like every spare moment is spent thinking about or working on reorganizing, cleaning out, throwing out, and rearranging the house.

I am classically unable to finish a project before I am on to the next one.... so even though I have been thinking about taking down our Christmas decorations all week, I haven't touched them. I have, however, bought (and set up, and filled) new shelves for the basement, gotten rid of several things on craigslist, bought new (used) bedroom furniture, cleaned it, arranged it, mostly filled it. I've also changed Merit's crib to a toddler bed, and mostly cleaned out the current guest room [soon-to-be Merit's room].

I've also been watching the kids. They are back to school this week, and we are all glad about it. I like the structure it brings to our day, and they just love to be at school.

The rest of my time has been filled with the usual: catching up from 2 long weekends out of town in a row, catching up on the house work. My car breaking down & being repaired... always something going on at the Scheutzow Ranch.

1 comment:

  1. what a cute picture of all of you! Miss ya - maybe I'll go to Veritas with you guys on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete