Friday, August 24, 2012

Lately: August

It's been busy for us lately. I spent a week out of town with the boys and didn't really get on the internet too much. It was a nice break. Now that I'm home, I feel swamped with catch-up work and a heavy cloud of unmotivation. Mix in a teething toddler [those molars are ALMOST through, I can feel them!] and this space is the last thing I get around too. It makes me sad to think about the gaps I won't have to look back on in the future.

This month:

we dedicated the boys. There has been a baby boom at our church, and we do all the dedications at once. It isn't a specific ceremony for each child like when I was baptized. It went really well. I was kind of shocked because we had a rough night.





we spent 10 days out of town. We here means the kids and I. Josh was with us for the weekends, but had to come home for work. It was a much needed time for me. I helped my mom with a lot of work around the house. Grandparents loved on the boys. Merit enjoyed a parade. He really loves being at "da hou" and "namamama hou." I felt like I had a good break too, and just in time. Josh is busier lately, and I was starting to feel burnt out and in a parenting rut. Teething and potty training had brought us in front of the TV a lot, and it was a good way to break the habit. We also had a great time at my grandma's birthday party, and my cousin's wedding.

high school soccer season started for Josh. He is coaching at a school nearby. He is also working full time at his regular job - going in early to get out early for practices - and leading worship at our church. The season will last 10 weeks, and during that time we are both working harder. Josh obviously has a full schedule between work, soccer practices, soccer games, worship practice, and church. We share a car, and he's using it to get to all those places. I feel busier too because I am nearly single-parenting during the weekdays. I am not complaining: it is so good. I feel so blessed that we have these opportunities, and that Josh is willing to take them, so that I can be home with the boys.


a note about Josh being busy: I've been waiting for him to type up his part of our birth story. I really want his thoughts included, but he's not going to get to it during this season. Hoping to post an unfinished version soon! 

prayers have been answered. Remember when Lee was in the hospital? Merit was in the hospital too. I never blogged about it because I was in third-tri funk. During that funk, we also had significant car problems and needed to get something else. We share 1 car, so it needs to work well. All of these things have gotten us quite a lot of bills in our mailbox. This month, the hospital reduced our bills to 25% of our after-insurance costs! We sold our other [now fixed, but not necessarily good for the amount of driving we do] car! There is so much peace in knowing we are cared for by someone greater than this world.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I have been constantly repeating Is. 26:3 recently in my own life. Great to hear your version of it : ) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete