I wish I would have blogged about the idea before I started, but I was a little embarrassed. I know I'm kinda 'crunchy', but this seemed to be too far out there.
So I took the plunge. I can always go back, what do I have to lose? Except for 2 weeks of greasy hair - but hey, I'm a new mom! Great excuse. No one has to know. That's what head bands and pony-tails are for anyways.
| normal looking, no-poo hair [and i need a haircut] |
The texture in the shower is definitely different. My hair doesn't get all lathery and smooth like with shampoo and conditioner. At first it was kind of stringy and wet, but it is getting softer. I DO smell the vinegar in the shower, only when I pour it on. I can't smell it afterwards if I try. And yes, my hair was super greasy feeling for about 2 weeks (maybe a day longer). I have often used baby powder to soak up extra grease on days I didn't have a chance to shower, but I stayed away from it - not sure if that would interfere with my natural production of oil.
I recently switched to using white vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar and I like it better. I felt like my hair was softer and had less of a buildup. My apple cider vinegar is REALLY old though, so I'm guessing that's the problem.
A cold rinse at the end of my shower seems to help too. I heard once it closes your pores, and is good for your hair/scalp. I think it makes my hair less greasy throughout the day.
Think I'm crazy? Try it if you want. Let me know how it goes.
Interesting. And I love your hair :)
ReplyDeleteI may just go off the deep end with you and try this...
ReplyDelete