Dear Third Trimester,
You have come! I welcome you, even with your impending discomforts. I knew you were coming when you're extra fatigue, shortness of breath, lack of sleep, sore hips, and varicose veins showed up. Next came the sharp-jab baby kicks. You are like family though, so I will [do my best to] graciously deal with the annoyances because they are worth it. They don't hold a candle to the sweet new life you bring. Your presence is a reminder that our baby is healthy and whole and growing stronger. It shows me that my body is capable: of pregnancy and birth.
If you don't mind, please leave behind sciatic pain, swelling (in my face and ankles specifically), heartburn, and manly sweat. Let me sleep and enjoy my family - although I know you like to prepare me for 'newborn sleep' by keeping me awake at night. Please be especially considerate while I'm vacationing in Florida. Also, please don't overstay your welcome! If you could be out of here a couple weeks before June comes, I'd greatly appreciate it - but I won't count on it.
It's nice to see you, I've been waiting for you!
Many Thanks,
Laura
Dearest grandchild,
ReplyDeleteYou are not only LIKE family, you ARE family, and I loved taking a picture with my TWO grandchildren this weekend. Your mom had to be in the picture too, not only 'cause she's pretty, but 'cause she's currently your safe and warm container while God is knitting you together. I think of you and pray for you while I'm knitting too, and pray that all your little pieces parts are whole and complete and more importantly, just like God intends them to be. I can't wait to see you and hold you, and promise to help your momma get some extra sleep if you need rocked or walked - even in the middle of the night when I come to visit. You have a fabulous big brother waiting to kiss you and boss you around when you're big enough and show you the ropes. There is a great big Daddy waiting too, and you've heard his voice and his laugh, and will love it when he holds you WAY up in the air and then snuggles you tight. He takes good care of all of you! There's a dog to lick you, and a couple of big cats to rub up against you to get you to pet them, and a little furry white Bella dog at my house to pet. G-Pops is so excited to show you the electric train and many more things here too.
Anyway, keep cookin'. Keep your head down, which is good advice in golf I guess, which Great-Grandpa Bill can show you, but also good for when it comes time to make your journey out.
We love you gobs already and TWO sets of grand-parents and TWO sets of GREAT-Grandparents and a whole slew of aunts, uncles, and cousins are here to love you. May is a nice month to have a birthday. Just sayin'.
Love,
Grandma Lori, AKA G-Lo